Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. ~I Timothy 4:12~

Thursday, October 20, 2011

I Cried Today....

Yup, and I'll admit it. It wasn't because I was laughing too hard either. So it's the first time I've actually cried in a long time. I'm not a crying person. I was always the strong one. Everyone told me they were impressed by how strong I was when I had a foster sister, when my dad was in the hospital, and when my family fell apart. I hardly ever cried, and when I did it was usually out of sheer anger (and lots of it!).

Tonight was different. I was riding home from college and was pretty torn-up about things that have been on my mind for awhile. (If you wanna know contact me somehow, but I don't wanna burden the unsuspecting reader.) On my ride I had a long talk with God. Literally. Outloud. It was great. I had never talked to God like this; it was so open and raw!

And then I cried; I wasn't mad, I wasn't sad. There was no regular reason for me to cry. Why I cried was because I was deeply moved in spirit. I had let go completely to my God and was completely vulnerable for once in my life. Through my tears I continued my talk with God, realizing how earnest this prayer experience was. I realized how blessed I am, how great God is, and the peace He brings!

Afterward I sang "Jesus Paid It All" and it took on a completely new degree of reality. Then I just quietly enjoyed the peace of God and His tranquility. His love is so great for us!!

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much. Thank you -- for everything, and especially for being such an example of Christ.

    ReplyDelete