Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. ~I Timothy 4:12~

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Confessions and Prayers (in poem form)

Lately I've thought a lot about what I should be doing for God and how I should be living my life. I couldn't come up with any straight-forward answers. All I knew was that I felt like I should be doing so much more. God is so great and has done SO much for me. What am I doing for Him? I know that He is my one Passion. Nothing else is driving me anymore. It's different from anything I've ever known, but what am I doing about it?

I watched "Letters To God" today. That combined with my recent reading Matthew 13:44-46 really spoke to me. I highly recommend reading those (found below) and watching the movie--it's on Netflix instant streaming. The result? The following poem; I'm not a poet, but it's straight from my heart.

God, You are awesome,
     don't let me forget it.
At times I get mad for what you've done for me,
     show me how You used it for Your glory.
Sometimes I feel like You don't care,
     teach me to listen.
I'm scared of what I do not understand,
     hold me close to You.
I don't know what plans to make,
     make them for me.
I don't know what to say,
     speak through me.
There are days when I feel alone,
     show me You are there.
I'm lost on how to glorify You the most,
     take control of me.
I always hold on to my selfish, sinful desires,
     make me grasp onto You instead.
I feel useless,
     show me what You've done, and what You will do.
I'm confused on how to live for You,
     live in me.
I don't have the courage,
     lend me your strength.
I'm unmotivated,
     flood me in Your all-consuming fire.
I'm down-hearted,
     remind me of what is to come.
I surrender all I am and all I have,
     take it and don't let me look back.


Matthew 13:44-46
"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.
The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."

1 comment:

  1. That was really beautiful. And super encouraging. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete