Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. ~I Timothy 4:12~

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Broken Heart: A Call to Labor

I see thousands of people every day,
        just passing by,
        but my heart breaks.
They keep on living,
        slipping by, searching.
Not knowing what they need,
        not knowing they are prized.

So many dear ones that God loves,
        He calls them His children.
Yet they aren’t following Him,
        they don’t love Him.

Do they even know how much He loves them?
        How could they know?
No one is showing them God’s love,
        no one is loving them like Jesus does.
Who will help them experience God’s love?

I pray that God will use me,
        to be an envelope of His love,
        to act out His love by serving,
        to hold their hands
        and tell them they are beautiful children
        with a Father who loves them
        more than they can imagine.

There are so many.
        Can I do it alone?
I pray that God will send laborers
        to work alongside me,
        to love through action like Jesus,
        and teach them to do the same.

Will you answer the call?
        Be a laborer?
        Show them they are loved?
        Help heal my heart that breaks for them?
I pray that you will.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, I love this. It's been on my heart a lot recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Great post, I have been thinking about this quite a bit. Good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete