Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. ~I Timothy 4:12~

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dear Zeke,

I miss you. I was going to come see you this weekend, but I can’t because of the football game. I hope you are eating well and enjoying some fresh grass while it’s still yummy. I’m sorry I can’t be there to make your life interesting and I’m sorry I can’t spend as much time with you as you deserve.

I miss you more than you can believe! I miss having our partnership. Knowing that you’re always there and we can always get through stuff together and challenge each other. I miss how you’d teach me lessons about life and God. I miss how you’d always listen and make me feel better. I don’t have anyone in college that can be a partner like you. No one to share my thoughts with. No one to grow with. No one to learn from and teach simultaneously. No one to just hang-out together enjoying just being by each other.  No one to face challenges together.

I spent this weekend in the mountains. It was so pretty. The trails made me wish I was riding you. The carriage house made me just want to be around you. There were a lot of awesome people there. They’re amazing. But I haven’t bonded with them in a deep way like you. I miss our bond. I’m glad it’ll still be there despite the time and distance. It’s just hard now, not having it.

I rode another horse today. Don’t be mad, it didn’t mean anything. His name is Mike. He was black, and he made me miss you. He’s not really like you at all though. None of them have personality like you. None of them want to smell my face like you. None of them want to do exactly what I want. None of them can read my mind like you do.

I can’t wait to see you again. I’ve really grown to appreciate our bond. It really is unlike any other. You have no need to be jealous (even though I know you are the jealous type) because I don’t have a bond anywhere close to ours here in college. This is why you are my best friend.

I’ll be counting down the days until I get to see you again! Remember that you are my partner, but you belong to God! I named you Zeke because it means “God gives me strength” and I want you to live it out! Remember your life verse Philippians 4:13. Together we’ll glorify God!

Thanks for being my favorite boy and my best friend!

Love,

Your Rider, Your Partner for Life, Your Predator, Your Leader
Mak
~I Timothy 4:12~

No comments:

Post a Comment